Thursday 15 August 2013

The Big Smoke


Who doesn't love a good grungey smokey eye? I for one love to channel my inner MKA Olsen on a regular basis and I think I may have finally found my holy grail products to achieve the perfect Olsen twin smokey eye.

My most recent addition to the line-up are the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shades Permanent Taupe and On and On Bronze, just a swipe across the eyelid and a gentle smudge on the lower lashline and you're good to go.

Older favourites include Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal in Taupe which I draw along my lashline top and bottom then smudge out with a pencil brush, it's probably the shortest wearing but it's a good daytime option. Another offering from Rimmel is the Scandal Eyes Crayons in Bulletproof Beige and Bad Girl Bronze, I tend to use both of these together, with the beige all over the lid and the bronze smudged into the outer with a fluffy brush but I find the bronze too red toned to use on the lower lashline.

As for powder products, I only look to these when I have a bit more time as I can get carried away with getting the perfectly blended shadow. Smashbox Photo Op Trio in Auto Expose is my current go to, largely due to the stunning dark taupe shade used all over the lid and gently smoked along my lower lid. In order to add more depth to this look I add the cranberry in the outer corners and lightly blend it across the lid.

No matter which option I lean towards when getting ready I always finish the look off with a couple of coats of Benefit's They're Real mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...