Tuesday 21 May 2013

Favourite Cheek Products


I'm a bit of a blush hoarder, I would like to say I have a huge range of cheek colours but I honestly don't, I like pale pink blushers which aid in giving me that 'English Rose' look. I'm really pale so they are the easiest to apply, it's pretty hard to overload. 

These three products are ones I find myself going back to again and again, they also happen to be a brilliant mix of textures and finishes.

Illamasqua cream blush is possible the best blusher I've ever used, it's just perfect when applied using a stippling brush. In the pan it looks scary but when applied to the cheeks it's actually very fresh looking and soft.I really want some more Illamasqua cream blushes but as I don't actually need them I'll hold off for now. 

A very old favourite here too, Ruby and Millie face gloss has been in my makeup bag a long time. The whole line went into administration a few years ago but I stocked up so I wouldn't run out for a while. Sadly I'm on my last one now and I'm looking for a replacement. It barely gives any colour just a subtle dewy glow, the colour can be built up but I find this makes my face too glossy. It's great in the summer as it doesn't feel or look heavy, it just gives a really natural flush.
 I'm sure going to miss this product so if any of you know a good dupe I'm all ears

Benetint is my final favourite, I was always a bit scared of using this but I took the plunge and have never looked back. It's perfect for creating that soft glow under foundation or creating more depth on top of foundation. This is the least dewy of the cheek products and really lasts the whole day, I usually use a light pink blush on top of this, that way there's no need to touch up my makeup throughout the day.


An honourable mention also goes to Benefit Dandelion but I'm out atm and can't really afford the £20+ price tag.

3 comments:

  1. I'm like you and I'm using Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Flushed and it's giving a nice glow :)
    Great post :)
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always tempted by those blushes, maybe one will make it's way to my collection soon

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try benetint but never knew how well it would work! xoxo

    loveekierramakayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...